Followers

Wednesday 31 October 2012

GET IN SHAPE!!!!!

Today's card is made with the butterfly stamp this is a large stamp but a little bird told me they are hoping to make a small stamp too. I love butterflies my darling husband tells me they are flies with posh coats but i don't believe him lol. I have taken a shaped card and stamped butterflies in melon mambo. First and second stamping and even third to give the feeling of depth to the card. The main focal butterfly I stamped on white card  first and second stamping then on embossable acetate and embossed in a clear glitter embossing powder. to mount it up I cut out the dark butterfly then the light bottom wings which are mounted on silicon glue then topped it off with the acetate.
I then went around the outside edge with  tempting turquoise ink, to give the whole card a feeling of depth i drew around the shaped card on white paper cut out the shape and tore pieces off to let it look like the butterfly was escaping. I then re stamped the butterflies and re inked in turquoise. I flat mounted the paper nearest the butterfly and 3d foamed to the edge of the card. The verse is a favourite of mine from the clock stamp time after time stamp set. Its a very apt verse as butterflies only live a short time. Thanks for looking let me know what you think. i do get lonely in blog land Tx

This card is entered into Get in shape Simon Says Stamp Challenge and Anything Goes from totally stampalicious


1 comment:

Lin said...

That is a lovely butterfly! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!