Sunday, 1 September 2013

Does the shoe fit ?

Hi folks its the start of a new month and here is my altered art project for
I decided to alter a paper mache shoe
I got my melt pot out and warmed up some bees wax.
Next time i will keep to pva glue!! 

 1. I covered the show with wax, which was not an easy job as it sets quickly then I applied  one layer of a 4 ply tissue which had lupins & butterflies on.

2. To get it to adhere I warmed the wax with my heat tool, the down side to wax is if it is a hot day I worried it might melt so, when I was happy with the shoe I sprayed it with shine and spray from Crafters companion. 

3. Then I had to wait for the shoe to dry, while that was happening  I went over some beads with a gold metallic dabber from ranger
which I used pva glue to apply them to the shoe.

4. I then added buttons I rescued off a top from a charity shop
 5. To finish off the shoe I applied a butterfly I had made with the Martha Stewart air dry clay which I coloured with the paint dabber and added pearls too.
Thanks for visiting ,
 I hope I have inspired you to have a try
Hugs xx

Challenges entered


Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is so creative. Love the shabby chic feel to the shoe. Now I would love to see this shoe's mate and you wearing them to the opera, it will definitely have a few heads turning.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Anonymous said...

Fabulous make love how it has turned out.


2amscrapper said...

had to come over from CBN to see the deets--fabulous shoe! Helene

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning, love the gorgeous details.

Linda xxx

Pat Taylor said...

This is fabulous Tania really inspirational. xxx

Kate M said...

Who would have thought to use beeswax on this - you are very adventurous and it has worked perfectly! Fabulous show.

Joan Macdonald said...

What a great project Tania, i love the colours you have used.

Joan x

jane stillman said...

Absolutely fabulous x

Nicky Wilcox said...

A fantastic shoe love the pearls xxx