Hi folks its the start of a new month and here is my altered art project for
I decided to alter a paper mache shoe
I got my melt pot out and warmed up some bees wax.
Next time i will keep to pva glue!!
1. I covered the show with wax, which was not an easy job as it sets quickly then I applied one layer of a 4 ply tissue which had lupins & butterflies on.
2. To get it to adhere I warmed the wax with my heat tool, the down side to wax is if it is a hot day I worried it might melt so, when I was happy with the shoe I sprayed it with shine and spray from Crafters companion.
3. Then I had to wait for the shoe to dry, while that was happening I went over some beads with a gold metallic dabber from ranger
which I used pva glue to apply them to the shoe.
4. I then added buttons I rescued off a top from a charity shop
5. To finish off the shoe I applied a butterfly I had made with the Martha Stewart air dry clay which I coloured with the paint dabber and added pearls too.
Thanks for visiting ,
I hope I have inspired you to have a try