Followers

Thursday, 1 August 2013

1st of the month at Altered Eclectic

 Its the first of the month and that means a new challenge at
as always its anything goes
I decided to alter a watch tin I picked up at the local amenity site

1. I first painted the top with black gesso, then covered it with plenty kitchen roll.
2. I covered the side in pva glue and covered that with kitchen roll.
3. I then painted lid and base with black gesso 
4. I then left it outside to dry.
5. Once dry I used some Peebo silver gilding wax on a stencil brush to age the outer edges and pick up some of the pattern.
7. I then decorated it with some of my paper flowers I have had for years, using red,black and cream, brads and finished off with gems and ribbon.




Many thanks for calling by
I hope you like my work
Hugs xx

Challenge entered




13 comments:

Niki G said...

Oh my...that is gorgeous! Talk about amazing up-cycling!

Avril Ann said...

WOW, Tania, this is utterly beautiful, well done xxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

beautiful piece of art sweetie love it xx

Sandie said...

Such a great altered tin Tania...love the embellishing too.
Great legs by the way,lol...

Hugs
Sandie x

Pat Taylor said...

Wow that is just fabulous I love it xxx

Krafty Girl said...

Gorgeoussss love this, love the fabby colors xx

Patricia said...

This is so kewl! I have a tin I have been wanting to so something with and now I really want to do something with it. Thanks for the inspiration. All you teamies are great!

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Just amazing Tania
Thankyou for joining us at Just For Fun's 1st challenge and good luck
Hugs Susan xxx JFF Design team member

Sharon said...

So beautiful! I love altered items!
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs this week!

mazza said...

this is ace i love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Just For Fun this month. Good Luck
Hugs
Marie (DT Member for JFF)
xxxx

Fran said...

Fantastic, I love it , thank you for joining us at the Just for Fun Challenge Blog , Fran (DT) xxx

Elaine Rayworth said...

What a transformation! Thanks for joining us at "Just For Fun!"

Elaine xx

Jill Pryor said...

Love this! Great colours
Jill x