Followers

Thursday 1 August 2013

1st of the month at Altered Eclectic

 Its the first of the month and that means a new challenge at
as always its anything goes
I decided to alter a watch tin I picked up at the local amenity site

1. I first painted the top with black gesso, then covered it with plenty kitchen roll.
2. I covered the side in pva glue and covered that with kitchen roll.
3. I then painted lid and base with black gesso 
4. I then left it outside to dry.
5. Once dry I used some Peebo silver gilding wax on a stencil brush to age the outer edges and pick up some of the pattern.
7. I then decorated it with some of my paper flowers I have had for years, using red,black and cream, brads and finished off with gems and ribbon.




Many thanks for calling by
I hope you like my work
Hugs xx

Challenge entered




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my...that is gorgeous! Talk about amazing up-cycling!

Unknown said...

WOW, Tania, this is utterly beautiful, well done xxx

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

beautiful piece of art sweetie love it xx

Sandra Wright. said...

Such a great altered tin Tania...love the embellishing too.
Great legs by the way,lol...

Hugs
Sandie x

Pat Taylor said...

Wow that is just fabulous I love it xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeoussss love this, love the fabby colors xx

Patricia said...

This is so kewl! I have a tin I have been wanting to so something with and now I really want to do something with it. Thanks for the inspiration. All you teamies are great!

Unknown said...

Just amazing Tania
Thankyou for joining us at Just For Fun's 1st challenge and good luck
Hugs Susan xxx JFF Design team member

Sher said...

So beautiful! I love altered items!
Thanks for joining us at Crafting By Designs this week!

Marie Richardson said...

this is ace i love it.
Thanks for joining us over at Just For Fun this month. Good Luck
Hugs
Marie (DT Member for JFF)
xxxx

Fran said...

Fantastic, I love it , thank you for joining us at the Just for Fun Challenge Blog , Fran (DT) xxx

Elaine’s Card Crafting said...

What a transformation! Thanks for joining us at "Just For Fun!"

Elaine xx

Unknown said...

Love this! Great colours
Jill x