Followers

Sunday 21 April 2013

Torn & Distressed


Hi its Sunday and its a new challenge from us at 
The new challenge is "Torn & Distressed"
For my card I have used the Bon Voyage Digi which can be found in the vintage section. 
This card really took me out of my comfort zone, wherever that is.
So what did I do,
 I first embossed the back layer of coredination card  and used the sander to bring out the pattern. 
I then used digi papers that I inked tore and rolled to make the next 2 layers.
The final image the first layer was printed on copier paper , scrunched up and then I went over the creases with distress inks.
 I then printed another of the images on better quality paper
and coloured it with my Promarkers .
I cut out the elements I needed and mounted them on the image  . 
I embossed the trimming on her hat to make it stand out.
To finish the whole card I added a bow in co-ordinating colour but I first went over it with my heat gun so it looked slightly withered.
Thanks for calling by.
Please let me know what you think .
Hugs
Challenges Entered

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love what you have done with this, love the image and torn papers look very effective xx

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Tania, love the vintage image and the gorgeous papers you have used.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Dawn said...

Tania, I truly love this! Great vintage card! xx

Mimi said...

Awesome Tania, stunning and very unusual card. Great explanation of what you did too, loving reading how you beautiful creation developed and you colouring (flip I am running out of glowing adjectives ) - well maybe enough said :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge and hope to see you back again soon. Hugs Jane OSAAT DT

Kate M said...

Really different card and I love it - fabulous.
xx

Gwyneth said...

A wonderful "Torn & Distressed" card. I love your colour choices and layout.

lindyloo said...

well to say you are out of your comfort zone i would not have guessed you have done a fab job i have to say i am really out of my comfort zone too with distressing xx

Kay said...

Its also outside of my comfort zone but I find this card really appealing. I like the colours and the lady in the center is just right. Great work. kay

mamof9 said...

Fab card, love the image and the vintage look x

Miradormakings said...

This is fabulous Tania i love the design and image.

Joan x

jane stillman said...

What a fabulous card, love the torn paper effect, and the image is stunning

Im just me - Marleen said...

This card is absolutly stunning hun, just my thing.. Love it xx

Kimberly S said...

What a beautiful project! Thanks so much for joining us for the CIP challenge, hope to see you again! :) hugs, Kimberly

KarinsArtScrap said...

fantastic card Tania.

greetings karin

Hello said...

Beautiful card Tania, love the image and the LO is fab too. xx

PinkyLisasInkyCrafts said...

This really is very gorgeous. I love the images with the gold in the hat and those wonderful suitcases. The layers in the backing are brilliant with the rolled corners and edges. Fantastic make that you should be really happy with as its gorgeous even though it is out of your comfort zone.

Hugs Lisa xxxx

Sue said...

This is wonderful. I love the images, fabulous colours and gorgeous textures.
Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
Sue xx

Christine L said...

Fabulous card... love the image and embossing.. and all those gorgeous textures..

Thanks for sharing at Totally Gorjuss this time..

Christine x

Love crafts forever said...

Thank you for playing our challenge at One Stitch At A Time.
DT Member Nataliya

Judy said...

Your card is lovely! Thanks for playing with The Paper Girls!